Monday, November 16, 2009

"Into the Woods"

On Saturday at 7:00 p.m. and yesterday at 2 p.m. I attended the De Soto High School play of "Into the Woods". I thought it was very good. I was in plays my junior and senior year and I can definitely say that this play was better than both of those years. When I was in the plays, our theatre club barely had any money to buy sets so we used pretty much nothing. This year they fundraised a lot and was able to have really good sets.

"Into the Woods" combined the fairy-tale stories of Little Red Ridinghood, the Wolf, Cinderella, Rapunzel, Jack and the Beanstalk, and the Baker and his wife. A witch put a spell on the Baker and his wife so they weren't able to have children. In order for them to get rid of that spell, they had to find the witch a cow as white as milk, a cape as red as blood, hair as yellow as corn, and a shoe that is gold. The Baker and his wife ventured into the woods in search of these four items, encountering troubles along the way.

I thought the play was really good and that's why I went both days. The play had a lot of humor and was very cute.

2 comments:

  1. I also was into theater when I was in school. I played the sheriff in a spoof play about fairy tale characters. It sounds somewhat similar to the play you are talking about, except ours was a Christmas Play, and it didn't have the same characters. So, other than that they were similar. Maybe you should blog about the plays you were in, or other plays you have seen. You could have your own theater critique column.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Megan, you have me interested if they find those four things in the woods. Sounds like a great play. I was only in one play in my life and I was in 7th grade. I had only a few lines, but that was ok, because I was nervous doing that and that was enough for me. I hope the rest of this semester is going ok for you and that you have a Great Turkey Day! See you in school and take care.

    ReplyDelete